The Duplicate report can help you reduce the number of duplicate Q&A pairs in your Content Library.
Reviewing Duplicate Content
Click the Tools icon on the Library tab, and then select Deduplication.
The Duplicate report shows the duplicate questions or answers and the number of duplicates. The question or answer must be an exact match to appear on the report.
- Search for keywords to find specific Q&A pairs
- Use a saved search to find specific Q&A pairs
- Specify if you are looking for duplicates in questions or answers
- Sort report results in ascending or descending order by number of duplicates
- The number of duplicates for that question or answer
Click the question to review the duplicates. The primary question appears on the left of the screen, and the first duplicate appears on the right. Differences between the two are highlighted in red. Click the Only show differences toggle to see only the differences between the two. Use the arrows to move through the duplicates. You can add comments or flags to the duplicate. Click Set as Primary to make the displayed duplicate the primary pair–the previous primary pair will become a duplicate.
You can edit the primary question. Hover over the fields to see the icons you can use to edit the contents of the field. For example:
- Click the Trash icon to delete the information in the field, or the Edit icon to edit it.
- Click the up or down arrows so you can, for example, reorder multiple answers or comments.
Use the Undo and Redo buttons at the top of the screen to undo or redo your changes.
Anything you add will be marked in green.
As you scroll down, the right side of the screen also scrolls. You can see the differences between the two highlighted in red.
You can also edit the primary pair by moving content from the duplicate into it. Mouse over the field to see the options:
- Add: Add the field’s content to the primary field. Anything already in the primary field will not be overwritten
- Replace: Overwrite the contents of the primary field with the information in the duplicate’s field
Click the Hide button at the bottom of the screen to hide a duplicate. It will not be deleted.
Click the Delete button to send the duplicate to the Trash, where it will be kept for 30 days. You can restore to the Content Library by clicking the Trash button at the bottom of the page.
Click Merge to merge the duplicates with the primary pair.
You can also use the Bulk Merge feature to add all the Usage Count, Attachments, Moderators, Flags, Star Ratings and Tags from all of the duplicates to the primary pair.
Select the types of information you want to merge into the primary pair and click Review Changes.
Only the fields that were changed will be displayed. Click Apply changes and merge duplicates to keep the changes or Revert changes to undo the merging process.
Your duplicates have been combined into the primary pair.