This page lists the frequently asked questions related to Responsive integration with Salesforce:
1. What permission is needed by Responsive to integrate with Salesforce?
The user account provided to Responsive for connecting with Salesforce should have the following access :
- View All and Read Access to objects with which projects can be associated
- Full access to ResponsiveDetails object present in Salesforce
- API Access
- Access to Responsive Custom Setting Definitions
- Access to Chatter
Responsive Manage package has a permission set "Responsive Data Sync" which can be assigned to this user account. Additional object permission might be needed if a project is associated with objects others than account/lead/opportunity.
2. Does Responsive allow the association of project with any object in Salesforce, If yes, how can it be done?
Yes. You can associate projects with any object in Salesforce. You can associate with default object types such as Lead, Account, Opportunity as well as any custom object type created in Salesforce. This can be done from Organization Settings > CRM > Salesforce configuration page. More details refer to Configuring Salesforce in Responsive documentation.
3. Does Responsive allow connecting to the Salesforce sandbox environment?
Yes, you can connect with your Salesforce sandbox environment by specifying the sandbox URL (https://test.salesforce.com) as the Salesforce URL in Organization Settings > CRM > Salesforce configuration.
4. Is it possible to show Responsive Projects in Salesforce to specific users and not all?
Yes, this can be achieved by modifying Salesforce layout. Visualforce page can be added to a layout and can be made available to specific users.
5. Where does the export package get published?
The exported package gets published in the Chatter feed. For example, if you have exported a project associated with an opportunity, you can find the exported package as a zipped file in that opportunity’s page.
In Responsive's Organizations Settings, you can configure auto-publishing of export package by selecting Auto-Publish Export Response Package to Salesforce checkbox.
- If selected, export response package will be auto-published to Salesforce. The response package exported in Responsive will be displayed in Salesforce as an attachment as shown below for the associated object:
- If not selected, you can manually publish the export response package at the project level. This option will be available at Project level only when Salesforce is connected at the Organization Settings.
6. Can Responsive Project information be used in Salesforce reporting platform? What fields are available?
All Project metadata is available for reporting in Salesforce. The fields to be pushed to Salesforce can be configured at individual field level. You can create field in ResponsiveDetails in Salesforce and then in Responsive custom fields, you must configure the field mapping.
From Salesforce's Responsive Custom Objects page, select ResponsiveDetails > Custom Fields and Relationships > Add new custom field. You can add the fields that has to be populated in the report generated from Responsive. Add the created field to the object layout.
Next you must map the created fields from Responsive's Organization Settings >Project> Custom Fields> Add New. While adding ensure to select the checkbox Associate to Salesforce and select the custom field in Salesforce with which this field in Responsive should be mapped to. Once mapped, the custom field will be displayed in Salesforce reports.
For more details, please refer to Creating and Mapping Custom Fields.
7.What features of integration won't work if Responsive does not have access to Salesforce?
The following features will not work:
- Creating projects in Responsive and associating with Salesforce object.
- Pulling information from Salesforce at regular intervals to keep Responsive data in sync with Salesforce.
- Pushing Responsive Project information to Salesforce for reporting.
- Published export packages will not be available in Salesforce.
- Field mapping cannot be updated (however, existing field mapping will function)