This functionality allows you in generating reports and dashboard from Salesforce. All RFPIO projects can be exported to reports. To generate reports, you need to configure custom fields from Salesforce and map it from RFPIO.
Setting User Permission
User permission has to be set for report generation. To set user permission, you can follow the steps below:
- Click icon and select Setup. The Home page will be displayed.
- From the left navigation pane select Users from the section ADMINISTRATION.
- Click Users. The All Users page will be displayed.
- Click the username for whom the permission has to be set. The User Detail page will be displayed.
- Scroll down to Permission Set Assignments and click Edit Assignments.
A page as shown below will be displayed:
- Select RFPIO Data Sync from Available Permission Sets and click Add
- Click Save to save the permission set. The added permission will be displayed in the user details page as shown below:
Creating and Mapping Custom Fields
Once the user permission is setup, you can view and customize the available fields for reporting. To view the custom object type and the available fields, you can follow the steps below:
- Click settings icon and select Setup.
- From PLATFORM TOOLS, select Objects and Fields > Object Manager.
The Object Manager page will be displayed as shown below:
- Click RfpioDetail. The RfpioDetail page will be displayed as shown below:
Note: For mapping intake reports, select RfpioIntakeDetails.
- Click Field & Relationships. The Field & Relationships page will be displayed.
- Click New to add new custom field.
Note: To configure and generate reports from Salesforce, it is MANDATORY to create the following custom fields from Salesforce:
- The New Custom Field page will be displayed. Select Date and click Next.
- The Step 2 page will be displayed. Enter the values and click Next.
- Click Next.
- The field level security page will be displayed. Click Next.
- The Add to Page Layouts page will be displayed. Click Save.
- The newly added custom field will be displayed in the Custom Field & Relationship page. Similarly, you can create other mandatory custom fields.
- Once the custom fields are created, the fields must be mapped from RFPIO for reporting in Salesforce.
- From RFPIO, click Organization Settings > PROJECT.
- Click Add New.
- The Add Custom Field pop-up will be displayed. Specify the details.
- Select the checkbox associated with Associate with Salesforce. The fields- Project Report Field Mapping and Intake Report Field Mapping will be displayed as shown below:
Note: For mapping Intake reports, select Intake as the custom field category.
- Select the custom field in Salesforce with which these fields in RFPIO should be mapped to.
- Click ADD.
- Follow the similar procedure for all the custom fields.
The newly created and mapped custom fields will be displayed in the Organization Settings & Custom Fields page as shown below:
Creating Report Types
Prior to generating reports, it is must to create the report types. To create a report type, you can follow the steps below:
- Click settings icon and select Setup.
- Search Report Types from the Quick Find search bar.
- Click Report Types. The Custom Report Types page will be displayed.
- Click Continue. The All Custom Report Types page will be displayed.
- Click New Custom Report Type. Step 1 of custom report creation will be displayed as shown below:
- Select RfpioDetails as the Primary Object.
- Enter the Report Label Type and Report Label Name.
- Enter a Description of the report
- From the Store in Category drop-down options, select Administrative Reports.
- From the section Deployment, select the option Deployed.
- Click Next. The Define Report Records Set page will be displayed as shown below:
- You can relate other objects with the primary object by clicking Click to relate another object.
- You can select the object and also mention its relation with the primary object.
- Click Save. The Custom Report Type page will be displayed as shown below:
- Once the report type is setup, you can select the fields that should be displayed for the reports by clicking Edit Layout. The Field Layout Properties page will be displayed.
Note: The fields that are selected by default will be displayed with a tick icon.
- You can select the fields to be displayed by default by clicking on the property and then clicking Edit Properties.
- Alternatively, you can double click on the field name.
- Select the checkbox to make the field as a default selection, and click OK.
- Repeat the process for other fields that should be marked as Default.
- To rearrange the field’s order in the reports, you can drag and place them in the desired location.
Note: You can also add related field via lookup by clicking Add fields related via lookup.
The Add Fields via Lookup pop-up will be displayed:
Click on the required link to add more fields, example: Account Id.
Select the required fields and click OK. The added fields will be displayed as shown below:
- Click Save, once the selections are made.
Note: Similar procedure has to be followed for generating Intake Report. Instead of RfpioDetails as the Primary object, RfpioIntakeDetails has to be selected for setting up Intake Report Generation.
Once all the associated configurations are set up, you can generate reports from Salesforce. To generate reports, you can follow the steps below:
- Click Reports. The Reports & Dashboards page will be displayed as shown below:
- Click New Report. The Choose Report Type page will be displayed.
- Click Administrative Reports, select RFPIO (the name/label entered for project report type) and then click Continue.
Note: For generating intake reports, select the name/label entered for intake reports type while creating the report type.
The unsaved reports page will be displayed as shown below:
- You can change the various report criteria as required. Click Save &Run.
The Save Report pop-up will be displayed as shown below:
- Enter a name, unique name for the report.
Note: Report Unique Name will be auto-generated, but can be edited as required.
- Enter the report description.
- Select a folder to store the report.
- Click Save. The report generated will be displayed as shown below:
A sample Intake report generated will be displayed as shown below:
In addition to generic reports to be displayed in personalized folders, users can generate report in the Dashboard.
Prerequisite: Reports rows/columns should be grouped.
From the Unsaved Report page, to group the rows/columns, you can follow the steps below:
- Click Add Group from Groups and select the field to be grouped. You can add multiple rows, one at a time.
- Click Add Group from Columns and select the column fields to be grouped. You can add modify the already available columns.
- The grouped rows and columns will be displayed as shown:
- Click Save. Provide the required details and save the report.
The report will be grouped and generated as shown below:
- To generate Dashboard, click The Reports & Dashboards page will be displayed as shown below:
- Click New Dashboard. The New Dashboard pop-up will be displayed as shown below:
- Enter a name, description and select a folder to save the dashboard.
- Click Create.
- Click Component from the Dashboard.
- The Select Report pop-up would be displayed as shown below:
- Select the report for which the rows and columns are grouped and click Select.
- The Add Component page will be displayed. By default, Horizontal Bar Chart will be displayed. You can select the required component.
- Click Add. Similarly, you can add multiple components.
- From the Dashboard page, you can drag and rearrange the components as well as resize them.
- Click Save. A success message will be displayed.
- Click Dashboard tab to view the newly created dashboard.
- Click on the dashboard name. The Dashboard will be displayed as shown below:
To refer other Salesforce (Lightning) documentation, click here.