Permission: Users must have the privilege System Administrator in Salesforce and Company Administrator in RFPIO.
Once the RFPIO package is installed in Salesforce, you can customize the tabs to be displayed in the navigation pane on the landing page. The steps involved in customizing the landing page are as follows:
- Click the App Launcher icon from the top left corner.
The App Launcher page will be displayed:
- Click Sales. The Sales page with all tabs will be displayed as shown below:
Once tabs are added to the landing page, you can customize the layout for each of these to display RFPIO projects. To expand the default UI and display the RFPIO projects, you can follow the steps below:
- Click icon and select Setup.
- You will be navigated to the Home From the left navigation pane, click Objects and Fields displayed under PLATFORM TOOLS.
- Select Object Manager. The Object Manager page will be displayed.
- Click Opportunity. The Opportunity Details page will be displayed.
- From the left navigation pane, click Page Layouts.
The Page Layouts page will be displayed.
- Click Opportunity Layout. The Opportunity Layout page will be displayed.
- From Fields, select and hold Section to drag it under Opportunity Details.
The Section Properties pop-up will be displayed:
- Specify the section name as RFPIO Documents.
- Select the Layout as 1-Column and click OK.
- Next, click Visualforce Pages, select and hold RfpioOpportunity and drag it under the newly created RFPIO Documents
- Once the Visualforce page has been added, click the setting icon or double click on the layout. The Visualforce Page Properties pop-up will be displayed.
- Modify Height (in pixels) to 500, to have extra space for viewing the projects.
- To show scrollbars and labels, select the associated checkboxes.
- Click OK. The layout will be displayed as shown below:
- Click Save to save the changes. In a similar way, you can edit the layout for other object types such as Leads and Accounts.
Connecting to RFPIO
Once the UI is set up, you need to connect to RFPIO from Salesforce. This enables to:
- Launch RFPIO projects
- Associate existing projects from RFPIO to Salesforce
- Remove any associated projects.
To connect with RFPIO, follow the steps below:
- Click CONNECT TO RFPIO. The RFPIO login page will be displayed as shown below:
- Login with your credentials and click CONTINUE.
- You will be navigated to the Opportunity page and the RFPIO Documents section will be displayed as shown below:
Note: Projects if any are associated with the company, will be displayed under RFPIO Projects section.
To Launch RFPIO app from the Salesforce page, you can click Launch RFPIO. You will be navigated to the RFPIO app’s Manage Project page.
You can create projects in Salesforce and can sync them in the RFPIO application. To create a project, follow the steps below:
- Click Create Project. The Create Project page will be displayed.
- Select the company name from the drop-down options.
- Once the company name is selected, other sections such as Basic details, client details, etc., will be displayed. Specify the required details and click CREATE.
The project created for the Opportunity will be displayed as shown below:
- To view the project details, LAUNCH RFPIO. You will be redirected to the RFPIO project details page as shown below:
The modifications, if any made here will be reflected in Salesforce RFPIO Documents section as well.
Note: Similar steps can be followed to create projects from Leads and Accounts.
Associating Existing Projects
From the Salesforce page, you can associate any existing project in your company with Objects such as Opportunity, Leads or Accounts.
To associate an existing project, you can follow the steps below:
- Click Associate Existing Projects. A page as shown below will be displayed:
- Select the company. List of projects associated with the company will be displayed.
- Select the checkbox associated with the projects to be associated with the Opportunity.
Note: Multiple projects can be associated with an Opportunity.
- Click ASSOCIATE WITH OPPORTUNITY. The associated project will be displayed in the RFPIO Documents section of the opportunity.
Note: Similar steps can be followed to associate projects with Leads and Accounts.
Once the projects are associated from RFPIO app to an Opportunity, Lead, or Account, the association can be removed whenever required. To remove an association, you can follow the steps below:
- Click Remove Association. A page with all associated projects will be displayed.
- Select the checkbox associated with the project to be removed.
Note: Association of multiple projects can be removed from an Opportunity/Leads/Accounts.
- Click REMOVE ASSOCIATION. The projects will be removed from the Opportunity/ Leads/ Account.
To refer other Salesforce (Lightning) documentation, click here.