This functionality allows you in creating the required custom fields in Salesforce and then mapping it with the custom fields in RFPIO.
Permission: Users must have the privilege System Administrator in Salesforce and Company Administrator in RFPIO.
Creating Custom Fields in Salesforce
You can follow the steps below to create custom fields in Salesforce:
- Click icon and select Setup.
- You will be navigated to Home From the left navigation pane, click Objects and Fields displayed under PLATFORM TOOLS.
- Select Object Manager. The Object Manager page will be displayed.
- You need to select the object type. Click Opportunity. The Opportunity Details page will be displayed.
- From the left navigation pane, click Fields and Relationships. The Fields & Relationships page will be displayed.
- Click New. The New Custom Field page will be displayed with the list of available custom fields.
- Select the required field to be added and click Next. A page as shown below will be displayed:
- Enter the details of the custom field and click Next.
Note: Fields marked with red are mandatory fields.
- In the next step, specify the field level security, and click Next.
- The Add to page layouts page will be displayed. Select the layouts to which the custom field has to be added.
- Click Save.
Note: To save this custom field and create a new custom field, click Save & New.
The newly added custom field will be displayed in the Fields & Relationships section as shown below:
In a similar way you can create custom fields for Leads and Accounts.
Mapping Custom Fields from RFPIO
Custom fields created in Salesforce should be mapped to project custom fields in RFPIO for them to appear while project creation and in reports.
To map the custom fields, you can follow the steps below:
- Login to RFPIO.
- Click Organization settings and select PROJECT. The Organization Settings – Custom Fields page will be displayed.
- Click ADD FIELD. The Add Custom Field page will be displayed.
- Select the category for which the custom field has to be created.
- Specify the Merge Tag Name.
- Enter a Display Name for the custom field.
- Specify a Group Name.
- Select the Project Type for which the custom field has to be created.
- Select the Type of the field response.
- To make the field mandatory, select the checkbox associated with Required.
- To associate the field with Salesforce, select the checkbox associated with Associate with Salesforce. A section as shown below will be displayed:
- Select Phone Number from the Salesforce Fields drop-down options associated with Opportunity.
Note: Here you are selecting Phone Number associated with Opportunity as the custom field Phone Number for Opportunity was already created in Salesforce.
- Click ADD to map the custom field with Salesforce custom field. The field will be added and will be displayed in the Organization Settings – Custom Fields
- While creating projects from Opportunity in Salesforce, the mapped field will be displayed as shown below:
Note: While creating the custom field in Salesforce, the field was not marked as a mandatory field. While mapping it from Salesforce, it was marked as a required field. After successful mapping, the field Phone Number is displayed under Basic Details section as a mandatory field.
To refer other Salesforce (Lightning) documentation, click here.