This process allows you to create any required custom fields in Salesforce and then map them with the custom fields in Responsive.
Users must have the System Administrator privilege in Salesforce to complete the installation.
Creating Custom Fields in Salesforce
- Click the Settings icon and select Setup.
- From the left navigation pane, click Platform Tools > Objects and Fields > Object Manager.
- Select Opportunity as the object type.
- From the left navigation pane, click Fields & Relationships.
- Click New.
- On the New Custom Field page, select the required field to be added and click Next.
- Enter the details of the custom field and click Next.
Note: Fields marked with red are mandatory fields.
- Specify the field level security, then click Next.
- Select the layouts you want to add the custom fields to, then click Save.
Note: To save this custom field and create a new custom field, click Save & New.
The newly added custom field will be displayed in the Fields & Relationships section as shown below:
- Click Save.
Repeat a similar process to create custom fields for Leads and Accounts.
Mapping Custom Fields from Responsive
Custom fields created in Salesforce should be mapped to project custom fields in Responsive so they appear during project creation and in reports.
- Go to Organization Settings > Project > Custom Fields and click Add Field.
- Select the category for which the custom field has to be created.
- Specify the Merge Tag Name.
- Enter a Display Name for the custom field.
- Specify a Group Name.
- Select the Project Type for which the custom field has to be created.
- Select the Type of the field response.
- Check the Required box to make the field mandatory.
- Check the Associate with Salesforce (instance) box to associate the field with Salesforce. A section as shown below will be displayed:
- Select the custom field you want to associate with the object from the Salesforce Fields drop-down list.
- Click Add. The field displays in the Custom Fields section of the Organization Settings.
While creating projects from Opportunity in Salesforce, the mapped field displays as shown below:
Repeat a similar process to create custom fields for the Account and Leads object types.
- While creating a custom field in Salesforce, the field was not marked as mandatory. While mapping it from Responsive, it was marked as a required field. After successful mapping, the Phone Number field displays under the Basic Details section as a mandatory field.
- While creating a new Salesforce associated project from Responsive, the value for the custom field created for that object type will be auto-populated as shown below. The value from the opportunity will be auto-filled in the phone number custom field here.