You can identify the content that has been outdated or has not been used/edited over a period of time.
Note: If content is copied or edited, it is no longer considered obsolete.
This feature is enabled by default and a time frame of one year is selected. You can further configure the time frame, beyond which the content can be considered obsolete.
Configuring Obsolete Content
To configure the timeframe, follow the steps below:
- Go to Organization Settings > CONTENT LIBRARY > Preferences.
- Click the edit icon associated with Obsolete Content. By default, the toggle will be turned on.
- From the drop-down, select the time frame beyond which the content should be considered obsolete.
- Similarly, select the frequency at which you wish to receive the email notification for the same.
- Select the users for whom the email notification should be sent to.
- Select the roles for which the email notification should be sent to.
- Click SUBMIT to save the preferences.
Managing Obsolete Content
You can view, edit, delete or archive obsolete content from the Content Library page.
- To view obsolete content, click the icon and select Obsolete Content. The Obsolete content page will be displayed.
- You can view the period when the content was last used/edited.
- Click the icon to edit the content, however, once edited the content will no longer be considered obsolete.
- To delete the content, click Delete; instead to archive the content, click Archive.
You can use the Advanced Filter to filter the content based on it being Obsolete.
Once the content appears, you can click the Content Cleaner link to Delete or Archive the content.
You can view the Obsolete Content pie-chart under the Content Management section of the Content Library Insights page. Click the icon from the Content Library page to navigate to the Content Library Dashboard. Content will be displayed based on their last used time frame. You can filter the content based on Q&A pair or Documents.