You can integrate Responsive with the Door platform to easily locate content from the Responsive’s Content Library and apply the answer in the Door app. This integration allows enterprises to make best use of Responsive for managing content while leveraging the power of the Door Standard Questionnaire for efficiency and speed in publishing and sharing due diligence information with allocators, analysts, and fund investors.
- Responsive’s external API must be purchased.
- External API permission has to be enabled for the user/custom role for them to generate the API token in Responsive.
Setting up Integration
- Login to the Responsive app.
- Click your user icon and then click My Accounts and then click the Integrations tab.
- Under the API Tokens section, click Generate API Token under Responsive API Token.
- Click Copy to copy the API token to be copied while integrating with Door.
- Next, login to Door with valid credentials.
- Click Integration from the left navigation pane, and select Library.
The CONTENT LIBRARY INTEGRATION page will be displayed.
- Perform the following:
- Select Responsive from the Choose your Content Library drop-down option. The base URL will be auto-populated.
- Paste the API token that was copied in step 4.
- Click Add Credentials. The Door account will be linked to Responsive.
- To configure custom field search, select the custom field from the Custom Field drop-down and click Add Custom Field for Filtering. The added fields will be displayed.
Note: Ensure that in your Responsive Organization Settings > Content Library, the custom fields that you want to use for filtering on Door are marked as “Searchable”. Door will list all custom fields, but only those that are Searchable in Responsive can be used for filtering results.
Searching and Applying Responsive’s Content
To search and apply for Responsive’s Content Library content in Door, you can follow the steps below:
- In Door, click product from the left navigation pane. The PRODUCTS page will be displayed.
- Select the product from which you want to search content from. The PRODUCT OVERVIEW PAGE will be displayed.
- Click Go to DDQ. The Door question answering page will be displayed.
- Click on the question for which you want to search for an answer.
Note: You can search and apply answers only for Rich Text Editor answer type.
- Click the link icon. You will be navigated to the Responsive Content search page.
- Enter the search term, specify the collection, tag, custom field, and search for the content. The matching content will be displayed.
- By default, the search is based on the Door Question statement. However, you can override the search content to search the Responsive Content Library using any terms that would help fetch better results.
- The Preferences option in the upper right hand side allows you to save Collection, Tag, and Custom Field selections. This way, as an editor works through a question set where a particular set of Collection, Tag, and/or Custom Fields is appropriate for the entire product, these search filter settings may be saved for ease of reuse. Click the star and then the save icon in order to save the current search filter settings. Use the Trashcan icon in the Preferences window to clear the search filters.
- Click icon to apply the answer from Responsive Content Library to the question in Door.
Once the responses are applied, a link will be displayed in Door, indicating that the response has been applied from the Library.
Note: To unlink content from responsive Content Library, you can click the link icon displayed on the top bar of the response window and then click Unlink in the pop-up that is displayed.
Content import includes:
- Basic text formatting for bold, italics
- Bullet points
- Justification and paragraph breaks
- Inline images
- Merge variable contents
- Tables created in Responsive
- Includes table structure including merged cells
Content import will not include:
- Changes in font face and style
Managing Responses in Door
Once the content is applied in Door, you can edit it. Edits made in Door will not result in suggested changes for review in the Responsive Content Library. However, a link is established between this question in Door and the content in Responsive.
To manage a response, you can follow the steps below:
- Click icon from the left navigation pane. The MANAGE YOUR RESPONSES page appears.
- Select the response to be edited and click Edit response. A pop-up to edit the response will be displayed.
- Make the required modifications and click Save.
Note: Modifying this response will update the response for all products using this response.
Dashboard for Responsive (In progress)
Once the integration is established between Responsive and Door, the Responsive tab appears in the Door dashboard. This tab displays a list of any Responsive response content IDs used in Door question responses. Door will monitor this content in Responsive for any update in the response.
- To filter and view content with updates in Responsive, switch from the All links toggle to Updates available.
- Click the icon to expand the section for a specific content ID to see the full text of the updated response content and where it is used in Door, and for which Products.
- Use the Review all updates, or go directly to Publish all updates (there is a confirmation dialogue before publishing all available updates).
- You may select a combination of question and product using the checkboxes to the left (or use “Select All”) and then Apply to selected products directly.
- Alternatively, use the Review contents button for a more detailed view of the current response as listed on Door, everywhere the response appears in Door with this Responsive content ID.
- Use the icon to expand the section for a specific combination of Product and Question, to view the current response and compare it to the latest update retrieved from Responsive, including the ability to produce a difference to see what changed.
- Use the checkboxes to select the updated response content from Responsive and apply that content to the combination of Product and question listed. There are optional buttons to apply the update (putting the response into “Ready to Publish” status), or apply and publish at the same time.