Responsive allows you to associate Content Library Q&A pairs with other pairs so you can, for example, relate similar pairs. When someone changes one of the pairs, Responsive can notify you so you can update the others as needed.
Note: The translations of a Q&A pair are related automatically.
- You want to relate all the Q&A pairs that discuss the technical details of one of your products
With Related Content, Q&A pairs have an intransitive relationship. If A is associated with B, and B is associated with C, A is not associated with C unless you explicitly create that association. With Related Content, you can have chain relationships and parent-child relationships.
Responsive currently offers Linked Content, which is similar to Related Content except that the relationships between Q&A pairs are transitive. If A is associated with B, and B is associated with C, A is automatically associated with C.
Related Content and Linked Content are mutually exclusive. If you have Linked Content and would like to migrate to Related Content, contact Support@responsive.io. The migration takes about 20 minutes and will be performed outside business hours.
Note: Linked Content is being grandfathered.
Relating Q&A Pairs
To relate pairs in the Answer Library, perform the following steps:
- Find the Q&A pair you want to relate with another pair in the Answer Library and click to expand it. Click the menu icon (three stacked dots) to expand it, and then click Relate To.
- Any content already related to this Q&A pair appears on the Related Content tab. If none exists already, you can click + Add Related Content to set up the relationship.
- Find the Q&A pairs you want to relate to the original pair. You may need to perform a search to find the ones you want. You can include content in Moderation or Review by selecting the toggle. If the item has content related to it, click the Related Content link to see it.
- Select the checkboxes of the content you want to relate to the original item. Click Relate.
The content appears in the right-hand pane on the Related Content tab.
To remove the relation between content, find it in the Content Library. Click Related Content to display the Related Content tab in the right-hand pane.
Click the broken link icon to un-relate the content.
Subscribing to Related Content
You can set up a subscription so you will receive notifications whenever changes are made to a related Q&A pair.
Note: You must be an owner of the Q&A pair to receive notifications when related Q&A pairs have been changed. You do not need to be an owner of the related Q&A pairs.
Find the item in the Content Library. Click Related Content to display the Related Content tab in the right-hand pane.
Click the Subscribe icon.
Click the toggle to turn on the subscription, and then click Save.
If the content you subscribed to has been changed and you are the owner, you will see the subscribed icon with a badge indicating the number of updated items.